Monday, July 22, 2013

Summer Sunrise Nails.

I've had the idea to do a sunrise or sunset design based around a half moon manicure for a while, and after looking at pictures of pink and purple sunrises I had to give it a shot. 



This was a pretty time consuming manicure because there were different elements going on, a few of which required lots of drying time.  The first step of the manicure was painting my nails with Orly Spark, and then I used reinforcements to create the half moons. I created the gradient overtop using China Glaze Shocking Pink, OPI Ate Berries in the Canaries, and China Glaze VIII. The last part of the manicure was creating the sunbeams, which I did using striping tape. This was the part that took the longest, which probably is surprising if you've done a striping tape manicure before.



I don't think the design exactly screams sunrise, but that wasn't really the purpose of the inspiration. They're just fun and bright, and something different than what I've done before.


4 comments:

  1. Looks awesome, the colours are great too. The gradient is also so nice!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... That amazing nails!

    I'm 293-th follower:)

    Kisses from Poland:)
    http://glitteronmynails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love it. Want this on my nails<3

    ReplyDelete