Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Spring Fever VoxBox.

If you've been keeping up with Holy Manicures for a while now, you've probably seen one of my posts mentioning Influenster. If you're just joining us or have forgotten about Influenster, it's a website where you can sign up and receive boxes full of awesome, free stuff. In return you post about what you received on the forms of social media you use. It's a pretty great program, and if you haven't signed up yet I recommend it!


I recently received my fourth VoxBox, which I was excited to find had three beauty items inside.

One of the items was the Broadway Nails imPress press-on manicure in Over the Moon. The pattern mimics a water marbled design, which can of course be a real pain to do, and is the perfect kind of design for fake nails.

I personally don't wear false nails because I don't have a problem growing my nails out, and I like my natural nails better. However, I did originally plan to take these for a quick test drive. The only issue was that I believe these are meant to be used by people with quite short natural nails and I found that my nails were too wide at the tops for the fake nails to cover them completely. I appreciated that these fake nails were a very reasonable length, but since my real nails were of a similar length it didn't quite work.

If I was typically a fake nail wearer, I don't think there would have been a problem as I would have happily been able to trim my own nails down and rock these. But alas, that isn't the case and since I'm working on getting my nails longer, it was a no go.


So, I can't offer my personal experience with wearing the nails, but I can say that if one of my friends was going to be wearing fake nails, I'd recommend these. As I already mentioned I like the pattern and the length, but there is also the important fact that you don't have to use any messy glue, and it's a nice bonus that the packaging is totally cute and functional! I'll be passing these on to a friend since I couldn't get much use out of them.

The other beauty products in the box were Osis+ Dust It, which is a mattifying and NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm, which seems to be their response to Revlon Lip Butters or Maybelline Baby Lips. Since I prefer to focus on nail related things here I won't go into too much detail about these items. The mattifying powder doesn't really serve my needs although has a lot of great reviews (it's better suited for someone with fine hair.) The lip balm is in Big Apple Red, and provides a nice sheer wash of color. I don't wear red lips much, but I approve!

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to try the Osis+ Dust It, and that lip balm looks pretty! I understand your non-use of the fake nails though. Ever since I started taking care of my natural nails I just can't stand the press-on or glue-on fakes! I'd rather just rock my real nails.

    ReplyDelete